Indoor 8s Rules of Play
In general, Indoor 8s is played under the same playing conditions as ICC T20 games. Hence, it is automatically assumed that participants of this league understand basic Cricket Laws that are followed in ICC T20 games.
Please click to download the Official Document that outlines the Rules and Playing Conditions of the league.
Points will be awarded to teams based on the below table:
|Win||10 points to the winning team|
|Tie||5 points each|
|Abandoned/No-Result||4 points each|
|Forfeiture||10 points to the team receiving the walkover|
Any concerns/feedback arising out of a match shall be reported to the Indoor 8’s Management team within 2 days of its occurrence. All communication shall be sent to email@example.com with all the necessary information needed to make an informed and unbiased decision.
The Management team at Indoor 8’s will make its best efforts to resolve any complaints/appeals within 2 weeks. Any decision made by the team is final, and no subsequent appeals regarding the same issue will be allowed.
Indoor Cricket offers many opportunities to develop and showcase your Cricket skills and be part of a great social environment. Whatever your skill level and motivation, it is our desire that you find every match to be enjoyable and challenging. We at Sports Movement want to create a friendly atmosphere of fun and competition between all players, officials and spectators, but we do not entertain any form of misconduct from any stakeholders.
Every incident will be reviewed in entirety, and the length of ban will be determined based on the severity of the incident. The Indoor 8s Management team has the right to enforce any length of ban as they see fit. Bans will range from a one match ban to a life time ban for any form of threatening or abusive behavior.
A player could be banned for life for any form of violent conduct to another player, spectator or umpire. Criminal charges may also be filed. Teams that have players continually breaching the Code of Conduct will also be asked to leave the league.
All Players will be screened before they enter the facility. If anyone has high temperature, cough, or a cold, they will not be allowed inside.
- All players shall wear masks at all times, while in the facility.
- Please keep your physical distance at all times. Batsmen waiting to bat must follow social distancing (minimum 6 feet apart).
- The use of gloves is permitted in the outfield, as long they are not batting gloves/wicketkeeping gloves/baseball mitts, and have no webbing.
- No player may apply saliva or sweat on the ball.
- No player shall hand their cap or any form clothing to the umpire. These must be worn throughout, or be placed inside the players’ respective bags.
- No handshakes, “high-fives”, hugs or any physical touch is allowed.
- No sharing of any cricket equipment, shirts, caps etc.
We trust that you consider these precautions in a positive manner. In these unprecedented times, it is always better to err in the side of caution. We promise to review these rules once the situation becomes better, the virus is under control, and we can all go back to the life we were used to living.